Thursday, March 28, 2013

Stephen Colbert, You Own My Heart

In a frenzy of personal, emotional, and academic happenings, I have been sorely neglecting this blog.  Now, at the beginning of the Triduum, I don't quite have time to catch up, though I can promise (or threaten) another feminist manifesto coming shortly.  To keep you entertained in the meantime, here is a recent discovery of mine.  Stephen Colbert + Oprah.  Check out the interview in all its 4-minutes-at-a-time glory here.  He drops character and talks about his life, his joys, his tragedies, and his family.  One of them includes his wife.  Shelly and I both fell a little more in love with him after seeing Colbert and his wife interact.    That struck me (I want that after 19 years of marriage!) as well as his great humility, which is astounding for someone with such a cocky on-screen personality and so much cultural influence.

All in all, this is my Holy Thursday treat to you.  Watch it today, go to Mass tonight, and your day will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment