Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Return

Hello again, friends!  I'm not sure if I feel comfortable calling you loyal readers, since that might highlight my lack of loyalty as a writer.  However, I am back -- partially employed (30 hours a week) for a pro-life group 30 minutes up the road from my parents' house, where I am living for the next few months.  As counter-intuitive as it might seem, unemployment is horrible for my productivity, so I am anticipating that you will hear from me somewhat more often, now that my days have an outside structure imposed upon them.  We'll see; I'm learning a new swing if things.  But now that I have a steady job, my days can settle into a routine of some sort.

For your entertainment, I'm going to reach back into my "Blog Me" folder and pull out a story that came up a while ago.  This story came up in a local paper a few months ago, but, since it takes readers on a walk into the past, it is still relevant.  It talks about "Story Book Land," a "children's amusement park" that made fairytales and nursery rhymes real.  It used to exist right up the road from me, but was gone before I could add it to my memories.  I do remember the talk of reopening it and wishing that it would happen.

2 comments:

  1. We went there as children. Remenants of it were there for a long time on RT1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have seen it :-)

    ReplyDelete