Monday, December 23, 2013

Portugal in Allusions

It has recently come to my attention that I have been silent longer than I guaranteed in my last post.  To honor my promise to be back for Advent, I am making it for the... last day of Advent (more or less).  I have been writing a series of posts so that I can stick them up one at a time and start stockpiling some more posts and ideas for posts.  And here is your beginning: 


As you know, I recently got married.  And, though work took me out of town right away, the Captain* and I did get to embark on an adventure of a honeymoon, just a little delayed.  We flew across the ocean to a little country called Portugal to visit a part of Europe that he had not yet seen.  I had not yet seen any of Europe -- it was my first time using my brand-new passport.

I could spend the next few weeks going on and on about Portugal, but one of my goals is not to bored my 3.14 loyal readers.  So instead, I will have a few posts chronicling our adventures in a series of allusions -- because we understand everything new in terms of what we know.  If you ask me in real life, I will tell you stories and show you pictures… once they make it off my camera and the Captain’s phone.



*Yes, he has been pseudonymless up until this point.  He is remarkably difficult to name.  I hope this makes you think of the Sound of Music.  When I told our DJs that we wanted to be introduced as Captain and Mrs. von Trapp, one of them took notes.  The other one got it and laughed.  Like Captain von Trapp, he can sing and dance.  Unlike Captain von Trapp, he has no children.  Like Mrs. von Trapp, I have an affinity for nuns.  Unlike Mrs. von Trapp, I cannot sing or dance.

1 comment: