Thursday, February 25, 2010

Name Day!

A friend and fellow pro-life feminist recently posted about her niece, who is currently hiding inside her sister-in-law. Take a look.

She discusses her brother and sister-in-law's decision to find out the sex of their child and name it before its birth. This decision results from their knowledge that the little girl is already a person, perfectly and wonderfully formed and forming.

If I have children, I want to do it the same way. It seems silly to look at preborn children who are in danger of death and speak of them as already people, but not to do the same when they're not.

1 comment:

  1. I read Liz's post about that, too. I understand what you're saying, but I still want to wait until the day the baby is born. There are too few real surprises in life <3

    ReplyDelete