Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween Joy

In the past 5 years, I have come up with approximately 0 Halloween costumes on my own. As the CCM Halloween Party approached, I was getting nervous -- I had to live up to three years of awesome costumes. The awesomeness, however, had been generated by the awesome roommates of my past years.

As I struggled to come up with any idea, I got a message from Wendy. As I mentioned when I posted about Homecoming, Wendy could not make it down for that weekend. So instead, she was coming to the 'burg for Halloween! She already had a costume idea : Love-birds!

Sunday afternoon, she brought felt and feathers and googley eyes to my house, and we created the costumes from red and pink hoodies. Using glue, thread, and safety pins, we covered our hoodies with hearts and feathers. Wendy sewed beaks to go on the hoods, and we placed eyes behind the beaks. We completed the ensemble with feather boas in pink and white.

We came together to the Halloween Party, where we met, among other wonderful characters, Steve from Blue's Clues (he led the entire room in song), the Catholic Spice Man (modeled after the Old Spice commercials), and three Sarahs who formed a Tri-Sarah-Tops. Much to our joy, Wendy and I won Cutest Couple in the costume contest, continuing my winning streak!

No comments:

Post a Comment