Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Computer Update

Friends and faithful followers! I have excellent news : my faithful, beloved, and inexpressibly slow laptop is functional once again.

This post is a huge shout-out to Best Buy's Geek Squad. I am not a shout-out to huge companies type girl, but they made my day. I brought my poor lappie into Best Buy and explained my problem. The Geek Squad guy told me essentially it wasn't worth their time or my money to replace a five-and-a-half year old laptop's fan. I should just buy a new laptop. Before I had the chance to be too crushed however, he was running all sorts of diagnostics on my computer, after which he told me the good news. It appeared to be only the fan. So he clicked a few things and got it to boot up without starting the fan. He told me that an external fan would be cheap and a good temporary fix that might extend my poor lappie's life another year. He pointed out the cooling pads to me; I smiled and said thank you and bought myself a little place for my laptop to live.

Now my laptop is cooler and quieter than it has been for a little bit. I'm (still) backing up my data and saving money for its final breaths, but for now I had a fix quicker and cheaper than I was expecting. Thank you, Geek Squad!

No comments:

Post a Comment