Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Moo Cow

Remember the days when the milkman would drop off glass bottles of milk on your front porch? Yeah, me neither. However, I have found a way to make it happen again!

Percy and I hit up the Farmer's Market on Saturday... followed by a church yard sale, followed by a flea market up the road. Besides refurbished hubcaps, frightening figurines, and more old bottles than I could understand, we found a milkman. He offered us samples of his fresh milk and explained that they would deliver to our front door.

When you start buying milk, you get a blue cooler that sits on your porch. Once a week, they deliver milk to that cooler. You put the bottle back when you are done... and they replace it with a full bottle. Besides the fact that the milk really did taste better, I have this lovely romantic idea of deliveries from the milkman. Unfortunately, low income plus high milk consumption equals the inability for me to justify doubling the my milk spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment