Friday, November 18, 2011

Put Your Listening Ears On

If you haven't been to Mass in a while (or if you haven't been to a Catholic Mass ever) you should go this weekend!  It is a historic moment: the last Sunday Mass will sound like it does now!  Starting the first Sunday of Advent (the Sunday after Thanksgiving), the English Mass in the US will adopt a new translation of the Mass.  The same Mass, just closer to the real meaning of the Latin.

I have a feeling it will be like one of those children's games, where you have to find what's different in the two pictures.  Except that there is an answer key.  So you should come and listen.  (If you're geographically near me, you should come with me!)  Or, if you are a regular Mass-goer, listen harder.  Cherish the words this week, and get excited next week.

I'm sure I'll have more to say about the new translation.  (Let's be honest: I have too much opinion about most things.)  However, I wanted to get this message out, short and sweet, before Sunday: Listen hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment