Saturday, November 19, 2011

Quotables

It's been a while since I've posted some of the fun little gems my professors have said.  Never fear!  They are still as awesome as ever:

Substitute professor for my morning class, at almost the end of class: "I was going to tell you that I don't teach 8:00 classes and so if I fall asleep, I'd ask you to wake me up, and I'd do the same for you."

Father Pattee:

On metaphysics: "It's a tell-tale sign of plagiarism when the effect is greater than the cause."

"It's not bad, necessarily, to suffer a little bit when you write a paper."

Dr. Bergsma:

On Paul's Letter to the Romans: "He still hasn't put in a period.  And I'm having to take breaths... get a cup of coffee... and a snack..."

On re-writing papers: "I'd prefer to give everyone an A on the first edition... It's more efficient."

"Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana."  (If you don't get it, wait a minute and try again.  Then phone a friend.)

Dr. Sirilla:

"Your author's didn't just make this up!"

"Yes, the guy's name is Bozo.  It's funny.  Because of Bozo the Clown."

"It better be a loving act for me to send my kids to the corner... and that's not the same as hell."

"My duck can quack and all this stuff, but my duck can't do calculus."

"Unless you talk like Yoda, you're not going to get it.  Unless you're used to word order out of place being."

"That's a huge no-no, rewriting Scripture.  Even back then.  You wouldn't have had a council:  they would have run you out of town."

And one profound one from Dr. Hahn:

"I'm quaking in terror, feeling totally inadequate... which is almost a sure sign that God's calling me to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment