Monday, August 12, 2013

Color Me Beautiful

I missed last week by a day -- oops.  Here's one of my favorite links in my "Blog Me" folder by way of apology.  It's part of  Dove's Real Beauty Campaign.  Imagine describing yourself to a sketch artist.  How accurate do you think the picture would be?  How much would it vary from a picture he would draw based on someone else's description?  That's what Dove did.

I love the idea, and I know the message hits a lot of young women in a place they need some comfort.  However, the rational, skeptical side of me wants to try it with men.  Do men see themselves differently than other people do?  We focus a lot of attention on women and body image.  I would love to see some evidence that (if) the gender-bias reflects a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment