Friday, July 10, 2009

Chivalry Isn't Dead

Less than three hours after I scribbled the lines for my last post into a notebook on the bus, the world decided to prove to me that just as sexism is not dead, neither is chivalry.

It start Wednesday when one of my fellow interns (who makes me look chubby) walked a block and a half to get a case of bottled water for our meeting. On her way back to the building we were in, a man on the street offered to carry it for her and proceeded to do so.

Then, yesterday we attended a conference in DC. I left early, floored by an impressive migraine. Upon reaching the elevator at the same time, Congressman Price ushered me in first despite his obvious hurry and two (male) interns held doors open as we left. On the Metro, a man offered me the empty seat ahead of him.

These are mostly $15 stories, not worthy of blogging, but after yesterday's post, I figured I should mention them.

No comments:

Post a Comment