Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Commuting Strategy, Take 2

Working just outside the confines of the normal 9-5 hours means that 1) I miss the commuter bus to Arlington and 2) I miss rush hour (kind of). Therefore, I eschew public transit in favor of the temporally and economically wise drive of my own. While I enjoy the flexibility in the margin of error (one minute late means one minute late, not half an hour), I miss the time on the bus and train to read and pray and let my mind wander. You have to pay attention when you drive!

I get an odd feeling every time I exit the highway on the way home. I can take the HOVs partway there and back, since you don't have to be a HOV outside of the delineated rush hour hours. Thus, I enter the highway in the morning and exit in the evening in the exact same lane. Traveling 65 miles per hour in opposite directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment