Friday, September 25, 2009

Swine Flu

I have been out of communication for a little bit, but here's to catching up on days off. We have today and Monday off due to much illness in the school, including possible swine flu. So, while I am worried about the students, I feel healthy and enjoyed my day off.

School has been on a different schedule this week due to standardized testing. They kept the middle school safely contained in the silent cafeteria under the supervision of a former marine. It was a relief, although I missed the interaction with the students. I also subbed with Ana for the 6th grade teacher, who was ill. They are still at the age where they will ask for help, and I feel useful when I can help someone figure out the difference between "between" and "among," or what a culture "adapting" means.

At the end of the week in a meeting with the middle school staff and admin, we started reworking the schedule as well. We're hoping to stem some of the chaos in the school. Pray for us as we do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment