Monday, April 4, 2011

The Two Weeks of Crazy End!

I can't believe that it has been a full two weeks since I posted last. I have, on occasion during these weeks, thought about what I would/should write... but the sweep of life overwhelmed me continuously. The last Monday that I posted, I had a brief meeting with Marianne to discuss our discernment process, which I would be leading, since she would be on the Encounter retreat that Sunday, when we would be discerning. Instead, I found out that her knee, which has been giving her trouble all year, was bad again. So I was going on Encounter on Thursday!

In addition, that week started crunch time for our annual benefit Gala, which came to fruition this past Saturday. I had three days to prep for the retreat in the midst of the Gala chaos, four days of Encounter, and then constant Gala prep for five days. Thus, no blogging. I dropped out of pretty much every part of life except for CCM. These past 24ish hours, I've enjoyed finding life again!

I'll tack a bit about Encounter onto this post. Like the February Encounter, it was mostly other people's stories, so I won't dwell on it. We had three CCMers from the College and drove up with three students from a school down the road, so we had a full car. Over 40 people registered -- the largest Encounter we've had for years. The team was sharp and on top of things, the participants were a joy, and the campus ministers, as always, full of fun and wisdom. We had snow Saturday night, a surprise and beautiful, if slightly worrisome. I brought home a car-full of tired, excited students, on fire from the weekend, who made the four hour car trip a blast. Plus, as with the Hurley trip, I had an excellent DJ and a car that liked to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment