Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Some Good Things In Life

I could list these all as day-makers, but it was a good day, so I'm going to share them all in one short story.

Today started as my last official day as YACM. I spent a good deal of it walking over campus with Brigit, on various errands, including retrieving cookies from Percy and looking a potential free new desks. After our recent heat wave and considering my basement office, sunshine in 70 degree weather just does amazing things. Oh, and I had good company and flowers, so life doesn't get much better.

That's actually not true. Life did get better! Marianne called 45 minutes before I left for good. Due to a variety of circumstances, she proposed that I stay on for another month. As Percy has had to experience for the past few days, I have been hugely stressed both over leaving CCM and over not having plans for the six weeks afterward. The phone call came fairly immediately after I had a conversation with God, wondering what He was planning for me this summer. I've been searching for pretty much anything to do for those weeks with no luck. God answered my questions pretty quickly.

After that, I left the office with flowers and Percy for several errands. I figured out Father's Day gifts and gifts for my dad's birthday only yesterday. Today, I bought them with much excitement. Percy and I also went out to the boat where I had left my scapular on Saturday. I retrieved it safe and sound and my neck feels better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment