Friday, July 22, 2011

Modest Is Hottest, Part II

In my quest for true Catholic femininity, I discovered the blog of a group of Catholic Princeton alumnae who are now full-time moms. Today, I read a post there on modesty. I think the issue comes more to the forefront of the female mind during summer, when fashion bares skin, rather than finding creative ways to cover it. (I'm not worried about modesty in winter; I am too busy wondering where it is socially acceptable to wear a blanket.)

Juris Mater's final statement especially intrigued me and really is the reason why I chose to share: "I am shifting toward more feminine and more modest alternatives." How are those two adjectives connected? Is one necessarily linked to the other? Do we need to make a greater effort to find one when we dress according to the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment