Monday, September 26, 2011

Why I Need a Catholic Husband

(In the event that I am called to the married life.)

Dr. Bergsma mentioned in passing, after quoting St. Ignatius of Antioch, that we could name a child Ignatius and call him Nate.  Immediately, I started pairing names in my head.  To keep my mind focused on holy matters during class, I started compiling a list of names.  Male name pairing has always been hard for me and working with Ignatius was a nice challenge.

I ended up with 6 names, so I need a family of 3 girls and 3 boys.  The Catholic husband is necessary because... well, read the names and you'll understand.

Francis Paul "Paul" (St. Francis Assisi and Paul the Apostle)
Michael Ignatius "Nate" (St. Michael the Archangel and either St. Ignastius)
Stephen Dominic "Stephen" (St. Stephen the Martyr and St. Dominic)

Anna Perpetua "Anna" (Anna the Prophetess and St. Perpetua)
Cecilia Elizabeth "Cecy" (St. Cecilia and Elizabeths, the cousin of Mary and Ann Seton)
Teresa Marie "Teresa" (Bl. Mother Teresa and of Avila and Our Lady)

In the event that 1) God does not call me to the married life or 2) does not grant me such a family as to use these names, I hereby grant permission to my friends to use these names, on the condition that I be the child's godmother.  I know some of these are unusual names but there are some strong people behind them!

No comments:

Post a Comment