Monday, January 2, 2012

2012

It's a new year and a chance to hit some restart buttons, always a good thing.  We humans base our time on cycles, giving ourselves constantly the chance to begin anew.

 I have a few New Year's traditions, including one family tradition.  Our German side passed down a New Year's meal of pork and sauerkraut.  The pork is for prosperity and the sauerkraut is for luck.  Or maybe the pork is for luck and the sauerkraut is for prosperity.  I can never remember.

This year, however, we had our New Year's dinner on January 2nd, due to timing issues and New Year's Day commitments.   It makes me feel like I am starting the year late.  And as a girl who is constantly a day late and a dollar short, I can't help but feel that this is not an auspicious way to begin the year.  Or maybe this is simply God having fun with my quest to give up minor superstitions.


No comments:

Post a Comment