Sunday, April 8, 2012

This Is the Night!

Happy Easter!  I just returned from the Easter Vigil and the Resurrection Party.  After three and a half hours of Mass, an hour of partying and an hour of dancing, I am still on too much of a high to sleep.  So I want to wish you all a very happy Easter!  One of my favorite part about being Catholic is how we celebrate.  After a build-up of weeks (and in this case three intense days), we start the party as early as possible (with a Vigil Mass) and keep going -- tomorrow I have three Easter parties, and then we hit the Octave of Easters -- eight liturgical "Sundays" where we keep the joy alive.  And then we have the whole Easter season!  Which lets you know that this day is a big deal.  It's what we're all about, and it extends past the one Sunday into our year and into our lives.

So rejoice!  Celebrate!  Imagine the ridiculous smile that has been plastered over my face all night as I resist the urge to turn to everyone and say, "Guess what?! It's EASTER!" as I do a little dance -- and smile yourself!  Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment