Thursday, September 6, 2012

Another Gem: Lavender Moon Cupcakery

For our first trip to Alexandria, Larry's mom and I decided to go to Alexandria cupcakes.  It had the town in its name, it had a cooler website, and it was on King Street.  Luckily for us, we made it back to Alexandria to try out Lavender Moon Cupcakery.

The main problem with Lavender Moon is that I can't spell "lavender."  Seriously.  Every time I have typed it for this post, sans one, I have tried to spell is "lavendar," only to get little red squiggles.

I ate a chocolate raspberry cupcake.  Chocolate + raspberry = amazing.  I was surprised to bite into the frosting and taste cream cheese.  Surprised, but not unpleasantly so.  The cream-cheese-raspberry-chocolate-ness worked well.  The cake was dense and moist, my favorite kind.  The shop used to be a house and now functioned with one room to order cupcakes and another to sit and eat.  The seating area was small, as it has been with most of the cupcakeries, but had enough seats that another group could have eaten there with us.  The pink and purple walls and indoor plants made the place bold and feminine, but somehow not overwhelmingly so.  They had a few bottle drinks (nothing hot like coffee or tea) but the cupcakes stood on their own.

I would bring someone to Lavender Moon in a heartbeat if we were walking through Old Town.  As long as they didn't make me spell it.  I just did it again.

Overall: 5/5.  Larry's mom gave it a 4 of 5:

Cost - reasonable ($3).
PB - cupcake was good the pb was hidden under choc fondant that added a little something to it. It wasn't too dry.
Store - Comfortable & bright & cheerful It felt welcoming w/the 2 shades of lavender stripes. It was nice to sit inside.
No hot beverages, only some cold
I took a Blackberry to go. Your uncle thought it lack flavor & tasted very basic.
I would go here before Alexandria Cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment