Saturday, October 10, 2009

Stories

One of the various email lists that I occasionally read linked me to an article in the New York Times. A little while ago, a pro-life activist was shot. I wrote about it, but commented that his views were likely not the cause of his murder, based on what I'd read. I don't know anymore, but I do know how fantastic it is for a paper like the Times to cover an abortion story in this manner.

Even if I would prefer being called pro-life.

A Times blog also showed some of the graphic images that some activists use. While I have mixed feelings (mostly a range of disapproval, disappointment, and sorrow) about the use of graphic images, I like the way the blog presented the pictures. There's plenty of warning, but curiosity will drive most people on. And the power of the visual reality, for which so many people fight, will have a chance to work its magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment