Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Surprise!

I have a roommate! Two, actually, if you count the cat. Cara (yes, pseudonym -- my regular readers are getting good at picking up on those, I'm sure) arrived Sunday evening. After spending the morning out on the Chickahominy River (I just wanted to write that name. It's awesome.), I turned severely pink and went out to get aspirin and attend the 5pm Mass. (My face and shoulders matched my blouse; I was very coordinated.) When I arrived home, I had a roommate!

I knew it first by the car parked where I normally parked, then by the cat that greeted me at the front door. Finally, I met Cara herself, in the middle of organizing her room and preparing to start law school the next morning.

My house is no longer oddly quiet; another person and a cat bring just the right amount of life to the place. For example, we could eat dinner together today, always a great activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment