Monday, February 7, 2011

Another Epic

I present to you another epic weekend. This epic does not compare to the previous one (mostly because the other was longer!) and has a different tone to it, but still tells the story of a long, wonderful, and adventurous weekend.

As you may or may not recall, around this time last year, I began applying to grad schools. I took GREs, I sent in applications, and I waited. And, lo and behold, I came away from the adventures with two acceptances and one job offer. I deferred enrollment into school in favor of my YACM year here. Now, the time has come to make decisions : Which school will I attend next year?

I have been to the campus of the Catholic University of America, and I know the area. Franciscan University of Steubenville, however, remained something of a mystery -- I had never even been to Ohio. In order to make an informed decision, I was going to have to set foot on the campus. However, the eight-hour drive up there demotivated me, considerably. Then, the best of two worlds collided : it turns out Percy did his year of service an hour away from Steubenville and would love to take a road trip north. I had a road-trip friend and a place to stay two nights; he had a road-trip friend and an excuse to go north.

As we planned it, we should have reached the little Pennsylvania town between eight and nine. However, we got to a late start right away, due to an unexpected lunch with Papa Percy. Once we got on the road, Percy started looking at our route. His GPS took us a different way than I'd seen on Google maps, and I realized that we were going to pass near to my sister's college, so we had to stop!

So the table of contents for this epic is as follows:

*Trip north to my sister and dinner at her college.
*Trip from my sister to the little PA town.
*Visiting in PA in the morning.
*Franciscan University of Steubenville in the afternoon.
*Church on Sunday.
*The trip home.

Ready, set, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment