Monday, August 29, 2011

Orienteering

I am officially orientated to Steubenville. I am starting to pick up on the lingo, and I almost have the campus down-pat. Grad students are a good deal less Facebook obsessed than undergrads, but I am officially Facebook friends with fellow GNTs (Graduate/Non-Traditional students). I know enough names and faces to wave to people as I walk across campus. I have heard the Alma Mater, though I am not sure I can sing it. (W&M's still wins; no worries there.) I have been to Mass with the school community and heard the president of the university quote Chesterton -- which apparently is a big joke here. Orientation meal plans have run out and I am cooking in my own kitchen once again.

All this adds up to one terrifying fact : classes start tomorrow at 8am! My patrons for the year are St. Anthony and St. Paul; if you have a moment, please ask them to pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment