Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Prayer, Segment 2: Change My Water Into Wine

Also, a prayer at the CVN training, this song hit home. Matt Aujero, a fellow CVN trainee and the writer of this song, explained that when he wrote it, "I was trying to be my own miracle, rather than letting God." Wow. I'm bad at letting God make miracles in my life on His time, and I hate when I seem to discern His plan but then things go awry. So it was a solid reminder that God always takes what we are doing and makes it something more. He makes it something good and holy and pleasing, which I simply cannot do on my own.

“Turn My Water Into Wine”
By Matt Aujero and Anthony Rennekamp

When I’m broken, may you heal the shattered fragments.
When I’m shaken, I ask you to calm my nerves.
When I’m impatient, may I trust you with my heart.
Cuz I try so hard, but I can only go so far.

Refrain:
Let You, Lord, turn my water into wine
(2x w/ echo)

At Cana, they listened to Your Mother
As she said, "Do whatever He tells you."
I lack the same faith, for I choose my will over Yours
May I realize only You can make me more

Take my hand
And what I have
It's hardly anything
Please transform me (Repeat)

And in the end
I just ask You

No comments:

Post a Comment