Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cliff Notes on Life

My last bout of posts have been more about things and idea than about my life.  So in case you are wondering here's the bullets:

  • All the fun things in my life lately have revolved around food, it seems.  Adventures making pumpkin cheese cake and beef wellington with Ginny and Will (new characters!), a successful red velvet cake for St. Michael and St. Vincent, Victoria's spaghetti sauce.  Even non-food adventures have revolved around food: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
  • Not helping this idea: the highlights of my week are the ministries I've joined through the Works of Mercy.  The Unity Kitchen, where we serve food and eat with people; and "Hang Out with the Homeless."  While it's heartbreaking that there are kids at a homeless shelter, last night I got to be a T-Rex and eat a pterodactyl (and be a mommy pterodactyl), as well as learn about Cleopatria.
  • Shakespeare Live brought A Winter's Tale to campus last night.  While I couldn't stay for the whole thing, I got to see the vast majority of my favorite Shakespearean play.  The group was hilarious.
  • Two of my houseplants died during the major moves at the end of the summer.  My third plant, however, the spider from my VSC year, though extremely traumatized by the moves, is still alive.  Not only is it still alive, but it is growing new tentacles and reaching toward the window... reminding me that even in the gloomy, rainy weather, someone sees sunshine!
  • I can't believe it's October!  Where did September go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment