Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Poll of Men

Frank commented on my second Boys from Men post.  He disagreed with the main points of the article (as have other of my male friends).  However, he posted another article about behavioral norms and societal pressures -- how sexism hurts men.  (To my three loyal readers: you should read the comments on posts; your fellow readers have awesome things to say!)  Obviously, I don't experience this aspect of sexism the same way I experience its effects on women.

So I'm asking you, any men reading this: Has sexism affected your life?  Do you find that there are "stupid, unfair, and sexist" expectations of you?

Also, how do you feel about the label "feminist man"?  The author Frank cites uses the phrase to describe men who support the feminist agenda of general equality of rights and an end of sexism.

No comments:

Post a Comment