Sunday, March 18, 2012

Back to Big Bend

I spent the past week taking my first real spring break -- flying off somewhere to carouse in the sun with friends.  My sunny destination: Saint Louis!  (Which, incidentally, put on some lovely beach weather for me.)  Ana and Byrd live out there, doing the grown-up thing, and Em is at nursing school.  I had a week off with no commitments; how could I pass up the chance to see them again?

Ana and her boy picked me up from the airport Saturday.  We flitted around the city for the night, making a stop at her boy's apartment, one of the downtown lofts I'd always both loved and hated.  From having been inside, the love has gone up, though I am still not sold on living downtown.  They showed me the best veggie burgers in the city, and we saw The Artist (a great black and white, silent film, that should be seen on a big screen if possible).

Sunday we went to Mass at Wash U, reminding me that there are Masses that are not a Steubenville experience.  After brunch, we dropped Ana's boy off at the airport and went to comfort ourselves with chocolate from her place of employment: Kakao Chocolate.  Life advice: eat lavender flavored things, especially if such things are chocolates.

We then had birthday adventures for Byrd, including paint-your-own-pottery, Mexican food, and Footloose (the new one).  So basically quality time with Ana, Em, and Byrd.  Although we've all changed since our Vincentian Service Corps year, some things are still the same, and I was right at home again with 4 of the 6 Pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment