Monday, January 4, 2010

Growing Pains

I might be starting to look like a grown-up.

I was standing in line a few days ago, holding a Disney Princess poster painting kit for a friend. Sure I felt a little silly, but what early-twenties female would not enjoy painting her favorite princesses?

The woman behind me, more than a few years my senior, but young, indicated the item. "Something for the girls to do before they go back to school?"

I laughed slightly, not quite sure how to react.

"Are they old enough for school?"

Ho.ly.crow. This woman not only thought I was old enough to be a mother, but to have multiple children old enough to be in school! I may be growing up, but I'm not that old yet.

1 comment:

  1. Several years ago I was babysitting kids, I think 8 and 9 years old. Someone asked if they were mine. I was *almost* 21 at the time. Dude, come on.

    At least you have good taste for what little girls like to do ;)

    ReplyDelete