Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Epic, Part Three

Yes, the last post was Part Two. It just had a natural title.

Friday morning I went out running. When I came back, Ana was on the couch, staring at me. "Your hairdryer exploded," she told me. Turns out, that was the perfect start to the day.

I had to work, so I traded Ana for a pancake. Back story : When Percy came to St. Louis last year, he and Ana became pals. Hence, he was part of the voyage to the airport and hence he hung out with her while I was working.

Another back story : Ana likes bacon. Percy likes pancakes, though I think not quite at the same level. At a local pancake house, they offer "bacon yummies," which combines those two foods. Percy decided to make bacon yummies for Ana. I just got a yummy, since I'm not so much about the bacon. I told him I wanted it in the shape of my name. So he wrote in batter on the cooked side of the pancake. Ana drew a picture. Then Percy flipped over the pancake so that the batter cooked and you could still see the writing.

This small story became relevant later that day when Percy and Ana were trying to figure out how they both had pancake batter on their clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment