Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In Which There Is Wawa

Ana came! We found her coming down the escalator, beautifully sick. (As was Percy. As am I, after spending an epic weekend with them.) Hugs and general excitement ensued until we got her luggage -- which she had checked just so that she could bring me burgoo!

On the way home, we discovered that Ana had not eaten dinner yet. Requisite on any trip to the 'burg is a Wawa trip. Ana especially had to go. She and Triss (and maybe Byrd and Em, or they may just have been part of the ensuing discussion) had all read a book series in which the main character eats TastyKakes. Until the house discussion last year, she had not realized that TastyKakes actually existed. I told her that she could find them at Wawa when she came to visit.

Percy and I talked about Wawa a good deal during the trip home, and Ana was thoroughly confused. Until we pulled into the parking lot and she read the sign. "Oh! It's Wawa! I thought it was short for something!"

Because classes hadn't started, the Wawa was empty. Ana did well for herself, grabbing every kind of TastyKake, save for one with coconut. I made myself memorable by asking if the counter was new. Apparently it had been there since November. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment