Sunday, July 1, 2012

Stop IV: Georgetown Cupcake

Although it's not in Virginia, we could not turn down the opportunity to visit Georgetown Cupcake for the tour when we passed by.  It's famous (apparently on TV?) and thus constantly busy.  It's a cute shop on a street corner in a cute town.  The day we visited, it was full of Girl Scouts, but I don't think that's an every day occurrence.  However, I think the stream of customers that created a line out of the shop was a constant, including the employee at the door handing out menus and regulating admittance to the indoors.  I'm pretty sure he was responsible for creating a line on the sidewalk to make it look like an awesome place to be.  Neither he nor any of the other employees seemed excited to be there.  For all the shop knew it was awesome, it didn't make anyone who worked there happy.

On the upside, the cupcake element was awesome.  They offer a variety of flavors that rotate throughout the weeks, months, and seasons.  They are decorated gorgeously -- I'm glad I chose based on the menu rather than appearances, or else I would not have been able to decide.  I had an Earl Grey Lavender cupcake.  The cake tasted amazingly like earl grey tea (my favorite!), complemented by a delicate lavender icing.  Whoever thought of that combination was a genius.


If I were rating just on the cupcake, they would have a higher ranking, but since I include the entire cupcake experience, they get a 4 of 5 stars.  I would enjoy going back to try some of the other specialty flavors.

Larry's mom gave the same rating:

Rate 4 stars - a little too much peanut butter to taste the cake, what I could taste was light & delicious & not overly sweet.

Shop - hard to tell sense they run off their TV reputation. It seemed quaint, but assembly line w/no personally. If you want to just get a cupcake & go, this is your place.

Size - average small

Price - Average.

No comments:

Post a Comment