Saturday, August 15, 2009

Botanical Garden

Next to our commissioning Mass, the strongest religious experience I've had in St. Louis occurred today. Not in a church, however, but outside, in the splendor of God's creation. I swear I was in heaven or at least on retreat, and I really did feel like I should dip my fingers in holy water on the way out.

The landscapers for the Garden worked miracles in a variety of forms and fashions, from the rose garden to the hosta walkway to the ponds with blown glass and water lilies. Temperature moderated greenhouses of various shapes and sizes dotted the Garden to bring climates such as rain forest and Mediterranean into the middle of the United States. In this case, a picture is worth a thousand words, so I will spare my 4 faithful readers the runaway effusions and simply post photos as soon as I download my entire memory card and figure out which of the hundred you will care to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment