Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Names

One day, I googled my name. To my surprise, in addition to the 5th grade science fair (no longer there) and articles on rowing (still there), I came across a friend's blog. There was my full name, sitting in the middle of her musings. She didn't say anything bad about me (in fact, she was more complimentary than I deserved), but it still weirded me out. Thus, I have a no name policy.

However, the more I talk about my life here, the more confusing "one volunteer" and "a housemate" and "this other teacher" will get.

So here, I will introduce you to my housemates. We have a few "Indian Names":

  1. "Meemaw", the oldest of us, jokingly our "granny."
  2. "Anaconda Long-Spider", here after known as Ana, so that you can take stories seriously. We played Catchphrase a few nights ago. That should be enough explanation.
  3. "I-Eat-Big-Meat", who likes meat. I don't, so there's a little bit of a contrast here. She'll be Em.
  4. The next one I won't post online, but right now, she is demanding a birdhouse with a wrap-around porch. Her name will be Byrd. (I like the "y.")
  5. We're missing one Indian name, but I'll call her Triss. It makes sense in my head.
  6. It's not fair to post their names without mine. I am "Jumps-At-Loud-Noises." I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment