Monday, June 29, 2009

Great Falls

On Saturday, we held a huge pro-life intern social at Great Falls. By which I mean SFLA went hiking and invited some of the SBA List. We discovered NRLC was already hiking there! We met up and networked on the overlook... except for me. I had a wonderful friend from W&M with whom I needed to catch up. We always knew the pro-life world was small. Just not so small that there is only one hiking place on a given Saturday.

Walking through the woods, I remembered why I love Virginia. The green of the leaves and grasses. The sound of birds and running water beneath the breeze. The rocks and sky and water and trees all reaching together to give God glory. In fact, it brought to mind a line from a song that REACHers hate by now: "Sometimes it seems to slip so close/ You could touch it but your heart would break."

It also reminded me of Yosemite, not in the least because we encountered rock climbers. I wanted to join in so badly. The rushing Potomac brought to mind the peaceful Merced, which made me want to jump in. Unfortunately, I had neither the kayak nor the skills of the paddlers beneath us.

No comments:

Post a Comment