Friday, June 12, 2009

How to Use a College Degree

I have been graduated from college somewhere in the area of 4 weeks, and already I have used both my English degree and my Sociology degree. I feel smart!

What do you do with a BA in English? one might ask. I certainly did. Am I any more employable? Likely not. However -- it does make it easier to catch literary references on Colbert.

As for the sociology degree, as part of my work with Feminists for Life, I am trying to find some statistics. Which means I have been wading through loads of articles interspersed with charts and tables full of p values and standard errors and random samples or population studies -- even trying to makes sense of a couple code books to figure out if what I'm looking for has even been studied. I may be using the one class I would have elected not to take, but I am using my soc degree!

No comments:

Post a Comment