Saturday, November 28, 2009

Kentucky: Where I'm Short

Virginia is far away from St. Louis, and the Thanksgiving holiday is short, so I did not make it home. Instead, I went home to Kentucky with Ana. We left the city roads of St. Louis after school on Tuesday and swiftly left any signs of urban life behind, replacing them with country roads and open skies. I immediately felt at home with Ana's family, which was good because we spent most of the time here hanging out with them.

We celebrated Thanksgiving day with movies and Tripoly, because of how scheduling worked with Ana's family and had the turkey dinner on Friday. Today, we went to Mammoth Cave National Park, the world's largest cave system. I promise another blog about that, but I want to make one point about Kentucky.

When Ana's brother came in Tuesday night, he hugged Ana and me and the first thing he said to me was "Wow, you're small!" When we were at Mammoth Cave, as Ana and the ranger giving us the tour ducked through a passage, I had the revelation that I could stand up straight! Because I had the revelation out loud, this gave the tour guide permission to mock me when we emerged from the passage and he saw me: "You are short!"

So apparently, I'm shorter in Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment