Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oh, Bipolar Virginia

Last year on Election Day, I didn't even have to turn on the television or touch my computer to tell when VA went blue or when Obama took the election. The cheers and screams of joy from down the road let those of us who were quietly mourning in my apartment that we had lost.

Today, I barely remembered that it was Election Day. I'd voted absentee last week, so I didn't think much about it. Until I got home a little after 6 here... which means polls had just closed at home. I made myself workout, eat dinner, and socialize before I let myself check election results, however.

No surprises, but Virginia went red. What's up with this, O state of mine? I won't complain too hard, but you are like me; sometimes one color, sometimes another. Sometimes you go against pick; sometimes, you win!

No comments:

Post a Comment