Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Birthday!

At the beginning of the year, the VSC volunteers received a book of wisdom from previous volunteers. One bit of advice that we read was to make a big deal out of birthdays. In keeping with this advice, we planned a shin-dig of a dinner today for Em's birthday : fondue and cookie cake.
After a long, hard day at school, I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. I picked up necessary ingredients, including cheese, cream, cookie dough, bread, and beer. Considering the last three items, I figured I looked like someone who'd had a really bad day. I need chocolate, carbs, and alcohol for healing!

Instead, we put on some music and had a fondue making and eating party. Fact : mushroom fondue, especially in that state of half-way ready mushroom puree does not look appetizing, but the finished product is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment