Monday, June 7, 2010

Oil Spill Immigrants

I recently discovered that two of my favorite sources of humor, xkcd and Stephen Colbert, have a similar vision. A day or so ago, this appeared on xkcd (#748):


The image of the wall of alligators immediately reminded me of one of my favorite images from Colbert. (The map didn't hurt either. It's relatively the same part of the world.) Colbert first brings it up here -- go to 2:00 and listen to him.


The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Bay Buchanan
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorFox News

I don't understand the fascination with flames and large reptiles... maybe it goes back to boyhood dreams of dinosaurs? I'm not sure. The crocodiles keep coming back up for Colbert. I enjoy the whole clip for him and would recommend finding the mouse-over text for xkcd. It's always worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment