Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend Away, Take III

On this, my third weekend "retreat," the VSC community was actually on a retreat. We had our third and final "renewal weekend," returning to Dittmer where we made our first retreat. This time, however, rather than wandering through the woods and sitting out by the pond, I spent the majority of the time with my feet or my whole self in the pool right outside our retreat house.

The weekend focused on moving on : what would we bring with us and what would we leave behind? What would we need for the future? We even decorated shoes to help us on our journey into the next part of life! Meemaw is very artsy and hers turned out looking like something that could end up in a store. My other housemates have the patience and skill to make nice looking shoes. Lacking in both, I ended up with decent shoes, but unsatisfied with my own handicraft. Sometimes it's good to know where your gifts don't lie.

I counted Wisconsin as a "retreat" -- while not a retreat proper, it did get me away from St. Louis and some of the influences and preoccupations in my life. I'm counting the Vincentian convocation next week as one as well. So that makes enough retreats that pretty soon I should be in full-out surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment