Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Endings

Yesterday, I woke up at 4:45 am, in order to take Meemaw and Triss to the airport. Our Six Pack is down to three. On an impromptu G-chat survey, apparently, when you reduce a Six Pack to three, you get a trinity, a three layer cake, or drunk.

I went to the 6:30 Mass, ate breakfast, brought Ana to a job interview, and distracted myself by being excited about finding housing for next year until it was time to go to summer school.

I don't go in for hugely emotional posts, but this blog would not accurately reflect my time as a volunteer if I didn't mention how hard it is at the ending. So I'll finish this post with some words of encouragement from a wise Daughter of Charity:

"Let the sadness be; it is a sign of all you loved about your companions and your special year. It deserves to be honored. Lean into it a bit and rest with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment