Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Take Two

Monday, the remaining five of the Six Pack tried again at Beauty and the Beast at the Muny. We succeeded this time : the weather held beautifully and we got seats the second row from the dividing fence.

When the show came, after a 27 hour wait, it was well worth it! I enjoyed the singing, the acting, the fairytale of it. The elaborate costumes and dances in the castle were so much fun! I also just support the way theater works -- unlike movies or TV where everything looks perfect, seamless, and dramatic, theater requires the use of imagination, as one space becomes many and as exaggeration becomes reality.

[Side Note : Exaggeration has two "g"s! Who knew? Not me, until just now, when I tried to spell it. How have I been a teacher all year?]

Besides the fun of the show, the experience of the outdoor theater before two more of the Six Pack left was beautiful. Other than the bugs -- they weren't biting; they just kept flying in and out of the spotlights and lighting up and distracting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment